Colors by Number: Experience color interaction on your terms
Anyone with an iPad and who works with colors; from artists, designers, and developers, to teachers and students, needs Colors by Number.
The app offers a new way for anyone to experience the changing nature of colors using a simple, yet wonderful user interface.
Colors by Number provides a variety of ways to view, work with, save and share creations from what seems like an endless supply of generated color combinations using four colors, in ten geometric options.
When used as a tool for the aforementioned individuals above, Colors by Number complements color discovery and use a variety of colors no matter where you choose to work.
But the app doesn’t rely solely on your work. Colors by Number fosters creativity by generating billions of random color combinations that you can view, adjust and manage.
Some of the apps more notable features include:
- Cycle through billions of unique color combinations in either Manual or Auto mode (where color schemes are programmed to refresh every three seconds, and no two colors are ever the same within any given four-color combination)
- Toggle back and forth between seven interchangeable patterns or geometric configurations to view colors surrounding, adjoining or layered on top of one another
- Option to “lock” specific colors and randomize the rest (tap one or more of the small color squares in the right-hand control panel to temporarily lock colors while continuing to randomize the rest, tap again to unlock)
- Back and Forward buttons allow you to review color combinations in your current session, one step at a time
- Progress Bar in Auto mode monitors the loading of new color sets
- Option to hide left and right control panels
- Capture, save, share and print color combinations for later reference and use in other applications
Whether you’re searching for fresh color scheme ideas, studying or teaching formal color principles, or fine-tuning palettes for web projects, Colors by Number offers a simple yet sophisticated way to experience color interaction on your terms.