Star Walk 6.0 for iPad Is Great!
One of my favorite apps for the iPad has always been Star Walk. It’s one of those apps that even though it’s highly educational, it’s also highly entertaining. Just in time for school Star Walk has been updated to version 6.0, and it’s great!
For those who haven’t used Star Walk before, the app uses augmented reality and amazing graphics to bring to life the sky above us. From stars to constellations, and so much more, Star Walk is an crazy good tool for learning about astronomy. What has always made it so popular is that, while it looks amazing, it uses your location and the position of your iPad to show you exactly what “you’re looking at”. So if I hold my iPad out in front of me, I get to see whatever objects are in the sky far above me on the screen. As I turn, so does the screen. It’s pretty amazing to witness for the first time I have to say.
Star Walk isn’t just for astronomy buffs, not at all. The level of graphics and features that are in this app are astounding and amazing even for people who usually have little interest in this sort of thing. However, those who love looking to the stars will just be awed. My wife and kids have loved this app since we first got it, and with the new visuals for sunrise and sunset, they’re even more amazed and impressed. Add to that Star Walk now has even more detailed information and more photos in the gallery, well…you’ve got yourself one great update for an already great app. The makers of Star Walk just continue to impress.
Main Star Walk Features:
- Augmented Reality
- Star Spotter – real time motion tracking tells you what stars are above you in the sky;
- Satellites Tracking – never miss ISS flying over your head again;
- Time Machine – see what the sky looks like at any moment in the past or future;
- Calendar of Celestial Events: plan stargazing without leaving your favorite app.
- Picture of the Day – stunning pictures from deep space;
- Night Mode – preserve your dark vision to see more stars;
- Search – wondering where Jupiter is right now? Arrow will guide you to it;
- Big Screen – connect a second display to view the sky on a big screen.
+ AirPrint, Moon Phases, Info, View from any location, TelRad, Sharing, Bookmarks, and more!
*No Internet connection required*
iPad Version on iTunes [$4.99]