Updated Weather Channel iPad app goes interactive and 3D
A must-have app for the iPad is that from The Weather Channel. Today The Weather Channel has made the free app even better by completely revamping it with tremendous new features and promising a more seamless user interface with greater insight into local weather conditions.
Updates to the app include:
- Customized, weather-triggered background homescreen images that change in response to local conditions.
- A forecast screen displaying current conditions.
- 10-day forecast and expandable hourly forecasts in 15-minute TruPoint increments.
- An interactive, 3D, spinning globe, allowing users to spin, pinch and zoom their perspective.
- A satellite map depicting pinpointed favorite locations, geo-tagged iWitness photos and related data.
Additionally, the app adds news mash-ups assembled from TWC headlines, Twitter updates from TWC meteorologists and severe weather experts, and user-submitted photos.
Social features allow users to share weather updates through Facebook, Twitter and email, as well as offering the ability to post a Tweet or upload iWitness photos and video directly from your iPad camera.
Pick up free The Weather Channel for iPad App here and let us know what your favorite feature is!